If you are a tourist on a holiday, there is one mode of transportation that you can consider for a change – adult electric scooters. You must know that electric scooters are small vehicles that resemble a bike. More and more tourists consider this because it is more enjoyable than walking.
To make the most of an electric scooter, you should know the advantages at the onset. Here’s a list:
- It is the best transportation alternative: electric scooters are practical because you do not have to rely on fuel since they are run on battery. In the end, you can save on fuel.
- It saves time: if you are living in a busy city, traffic is a common sight. With electric scooters, it can help you save time because they are sleek and portable. It will allow you to cut through the subway, park or mall – just make sure that you recharge the batteries.
- It is environment-friendly: since you are not using fuel, there are no fumes in the engine. This can significantly reduce your carbon footprint. With this, you are helping to improve air quality by decreasing pollution.
- It does not need a license: electric scooters have no licensing or minimal licensing requirements because it has limited speed compared to traditional bikes.
- It is portable: electric scooters are designed compact. This means that you can carry it with you instead of parking. If something is wrong with the chain, tire or motor, you can easily carry it with you back to the garage so you can fix the issues.
- It is smooth to ride: to give you a smooth ride, electric scooters are designed with a powerful motor, rear brake, inflatable tires, and hand-operated acceleration.
- It is easy to assemble: the package comes with a manual where you can learn to assemble the scooter within ten minutes.
- It is easy to maintain: electric scooters are simple so maintenance is easy. You just need to maintain the deck, handlebars, and the brakes.
It can be useful if you also know the disadvantages. This is important if you decide to get one when you return from your holiday. Here’s a list of the disadvantages:
- It is pricey: there are electric scooters under $100 but if you want a good one with plenty of features, you should prepare to invest $300 or more.
- You get tired when you ride: you are required to stand. Although you do not need to bend, you need to keep your hands on the handlebars or plant your feet to keep balance. Maybe you just need training but for a beginner, one hour of ride is quite exhausting.
- It will not make you fitter: it is true that an electric scooter will not make you fitter. It is not the same as using a bicycle.
- Its charging takes time: you should be aware that charging the battery takes more time compared to refueling.
If you want to purchase one, you should do your research at the onset because the market can be confusing for a newcomer. You can purchase online if you are after discounts or savings – make sure to read reviews first before settling with one seller.